Thursday, November 21, 2013

Individual Website Reflection

I have revised my individual website several times now, since we got this assignment. I first started off by making a homepage. Then I created a page for each work that I did for the class. For example, I had a separate page for my Excel work, a separate page for my Mail Merge, a separate page for my poster, etc. I created interactive buttons on my homepage that would take you to the pages containing my works. Then I continued to work on the pages that included the items I made for class. I added a picture of my works, a paragraph about them, and a title that explanied what it was.
When I went back to review my website, I decided that I had way too many interactive buttons on my homepage. It made it clustered, and didn't look as good as I thought it did. So, I created 5 new pages, and replaced the clustered interactive buttons with those. These 5 new buttons included Module 1, Module 2, Module 3, Module 4, and my Revised Works. I then moved my clustered interactive buttons to each Module Page that it belonged to. This made it alot more organized and orderly.
When I created my pages, I made them all different colors. I decided it would be better to coordinate the Module page color with each work that went with it. For example, if I made Module 1 orange, all of the work pages that were under Module 1 would be orange as well. I felt like this made my pages more organized and looked better overall.
I decided to include a Module button at the bottom of each page, as well as our home button. I think it would be easier to have a module button to take you back, instead of hitting the back button. It also makes it easier then just hitting the home button, and reclicking on the module button.
I really like my current version of my website. I feel that it represents me well and shows the hard work that I have put into the class. I have really enjoyed making the website, and put a lot of effort into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment