Sunday, September 15, 2013

Eating dinner with anyone in history.

For this week's blog post, I wanted something random and different to post about. I feel that since Module 1 is due tonight, I would use this entry as a "get to know me" post, rather than a technology post. I saw this question online and found it interesting. "If you could eat dinner with any person in history, who would it be, why, and what would you eat?"
I would choose Elvis Presley, because I love his voice and music, and I would eat Quesadillas. I know this part isn't in the question, but I'd make him eat at Graceland because I've always wanted to go there. You hear of the different rooms, his pink Cadillac, and his golden toilet. To me, it sounds like a fun place to visit, and if you're eating with Elvis, it might as well be in Graceland. I've always loved Elvis and have found his life interesting. I love the sound of his voice and his music is catchy. Even today, there isn't a single musician that sounds anything like he did. Elvis paved the way for a lot of our music today and I would want to get his opinion on that. I think Elvis would be entertaining, funny, and a welcoming person to eat with. I think my obsession with Elvis started with a vacation to Myrtle Beach. My mom and I were having lunch at a restaurant that had huge fake sharks hanging from the ceiling. As we were looking around at all of the ocean decorations, we saw an Elvis impersonator. This guy looked exactly like the real Elvis, I know that everyone says that about every impersonator, but this one was spot on. I was probably 12 years old and I got my picture taken with him. I'm pretty sure that's all I talked about at that lunch. Ever since then I've loved him.


  
As my actual historical figure I would pick Abraham Lincoln, and I would eat pizza. Besides Washington, Abraham Lincoln is the president I remember learning about a lot in school. He, I guess you could say, is my favorite president. I find certain historical events to be interesting, and the Civil War is one of them. Lincoln had such a huge long term impact on the United States and I think he would be interesting to have a conversation with. The man went through so much in his life and I would find it fascinating to ask him all about it.

 
 
 
if you are having trouble thinking of a blog post topic, here is a website I thought could be useful

No comments:

Post a Comment