Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Reflecting on Publisher

Before taking this class, I never really used Microsoft Publisher for anything. I took a computer class in high school, and this was not one of the programs we worked with. I am honestly glad that I have been able to use it. It is suitable for any career, and I think everyone should have the opportunity to have experience with it. It has so many different uses, and is easier to use than one may expect. I love that you are able to easily select what you want to make, choose a template, or even make your own out of a blank one. When I first started using Publisher, I had no idea what to think. I decided to start by making a calendar, and it didn't turn out how I wanted. As I continue to work with it on our six assignments for class, I find it easier to do, and a lot of fun. I find that I am becoming more creative and my end products have improved as well. I am now more comfortable with using a blank template, then just editing an already existing one. I can do a lot of things on it now, like changing the template, template colors, inserting business information, and backgrounds. I am in no way a Publisher expert, but I do find myself improving.
I was looking around on the website provided on Dr. Hossain's website, and I think it has a lot of great ideas to make on Publisher, as well as supplies.
http://www.plaintalkprint.com/full-colour-printed-products/business-cards.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment