Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Mail Merge Reflection

I think that using Excel and Word to make a mail merge is really easy, convenient and will save people in any career a lot of time. At the start of class, I was a little worried that I would get lost, and not be able to follow along. Thankfully, I was wrong. I found it quite simple to do, and once I knew how to insert what the letter told me to, it was also fast. I think that any career field could use Mail Merge as a benefit. I am a Pre-K - 4th grade and Special Education major, and I think that I could use this to send home classroom letters, permission slips, fundraiser letters, and classroom newsletters. It would be so simple to set up a classroom roster in Excel with students' names, addresses, their parents' names, and so on. Then, all I would have to do is type up a letter, and insert the correct information where I wanted it. I like that this makes it quick, and easy to send out letters to parents. Other career fields could use this for sending letters to clients, employees, fundraising, community newsletters, and so on. I found the video below on Youtube to help review for our test this week. The video is brief, and explains what we need to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment