Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Using what I've learned in EDTF in other classes.

I am currently enrolled in an online Special Education class. One of our assignments was to create an instructional game that needed step by step directions, pictures of pieces you would use, objectives, and graphics. I typed up my directions, and was wondering how I was going to get my pictures to fit nicely, and make it look good to submit. I wanted to use colored text and make the directions stand out. I wanted the document to stand out and be fun, like the game I designed was. I decided to use Publisher to make the items I needed for my instructional game.
I started with a blank document and then set up a template I wanted. After choosing colors, fonts, and font sizes, I inserted a textbox for my instructions and objectives. I then inserted my pictures and adjusted them to the way I liked them. I also used some word art to make the name of my game stand out and look different. I was able to rotate my text boxes, and order them in a logical and attractive way. The last thing I did, was add a border to the document to give it a finishing touch.
I am really glad that I learned to use Publisher. It certainly came in handy for this class, and made my project look awesome. I definitely don't know how I would have made it if I didn't know about Publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment