Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Podcast Reflection

I found that the download and installation of the program Audacity to be quite easy. You just have to click on the download that is right for your computer, and the rest takes care of itself. I did not download the Lame plugin at this point.
I first made a test audio to try out the program. When I clicked to play it back, I could not hear anything. I then closed out of the program and reopened it. When the welcome screen came on, I clicked for the help page on wikipedia. I followed the instructions of setting the speaker output to 1 Mono and that my input was Microsoft Mixer. When I tried to record again, it worked.
The next thing I did was come up with a script. I chose to do a travel podcast. I went to Las Vegas Nevada over the summer, and we were told by many locals that Vegas is now considered a family friendly destination. So, I decided to use that information for my podcast.
I then looked up family friendly activities and read information about them. I wrote out what I was going to say word for word, and started to record it.
Next, I went looking for music to put into the podcast. I found something I liked and looked on youtube to see how to add it to my podcast.
This is the video that I used.
 
She gives you step by step directions, and films herself doing it so you know exactly what to do. She also helps you figure out how to edit the music. I'm glad that I went and looked up this helpful video. Then I installed the Lame plugin and followed the steps provided to turning it into an mp3. This project may seem difficult once you get started, but as long as you put in the effort, it is easy to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment